January 17, 2005

What I really don't get about Christians

How can I write this without being offensive? Who cares, this is my blog. I just don't get that these people who almost died go around saying the lord saved their life. If their premise is true and the lord did save them, the premise of afterlife for eternity also exists. And that afterlife is supposed to be phenomenal (harps and angels forever and ever......blech, unless there are a lot of a promiscuous naked women around, I'm not interested). So what exactly did the lord save this person from. Just the inevitable. And yes, I know the rhetoric, "I have unfisished work to do in this world" Unfinished work? If all you need to get an eternal life is to believe in JC, what unfinished work is there to do? Convert as many people as possible? Fill heaven up so its like Tokyo, where you have to sleep in a closet? I just don't get it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sure. Now you're generalizing us Christians. We aren't all a bunch of nutty fanatical weirdos, you know! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. What I don't get is the whole trinity thing, the whole grace thing, the whole original sin thing and the whole second-coming thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, no. He's not "generalizing you Christians." He's pointing out one of the primary contradictions of Christianity. If it is the afterlife that is most real, if that is where we (well, you) are closest to "God," then what is the value of this Earthly life? Why wouldn't you pray for speedy demise so that you may sit at the foot of Invisible Grandpa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few misconceptions in your post AJ. Yes, it's true that Christians have a lexicon of words that are heard frequently but not quite understood. It would take a bit of time to give an adequate response but unfortunately, I think such a response is not the right place in this little comment section. There is an answer, if one is willing to investigate a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie (Revelation 3:9)

    ReplyDelete