October 22, 2005

Bible Believers Don't Mind Incestuous Beginning

Going back to that survey that 45% of Americans believe in the bible literally, let me see if I have this straight:

Adam and Eve were created less than 10,000 years ago. They had kids who had kids who had kids until Noah came around. That is when God decided to wipe out everyone but Noah's family.

We do know that incest creates retarded children in many cases. Do Creationists have any problems that God let Adam and Eve's kids have sex and make babies? Was it OK for Adam and Eve's grandchildren to have sex with each other too?
And if it wasn't bad enough then, God started it all over again with Noahs family. Isn't incest a sin?

Now as for the racists who are bible thumpers as well. How do you dudes deal with the fact that if you take the bible literally; Jews, blacks, orientals, Mexicans, etc. all had to start off from Noah's family just like you????

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel a lot more comfortable knowing that many one celled animals were the foundations of life, not Noah or Adam.

4 comments:

  1. www.poeticchemistry.blogspot.com is the place for jerusalem streetart By: Seven...
    I really enjoy reading the articles in your site...intelligent...
    thanks,

    SEVEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the stories that our ancestors created to explain our beginnings but people have to understand...that's what they are...stories. I believe the Bible is true...I also believe that the language was incapable of explaining the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Seven. You should link you site to your name...don't ask me how to do it. But I went to your site post copying and pasting the link you provided. See what happens when you click Z.

    Z, either the bible stories are true or they aren't. I'm fairly confident most are not. Don't get me wrong, I think religion keeps many people from doing very bad deeds. But it isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mythology explains a reality that is too complex for the people to explain. That's why they make mythology. In that way it doesn't mean it's not "true" - it's just not true to fact...it's symbolistic.

    ReplyDelete