March 3, 2011

Pope: Finally, Jews Not Responsible For The Death Of Jesus

Finally, I can let go of all the guilt I've carried all my life. The monkey is off my back. I can sleep at night now.

I have a feeling that the Pope's revelation is a disappointment to many Catholics. They might be questioning his fallibility now. Actually, I think there are enough pissed Catholics already who hate the idea that the Vatican accepts evolution.

In fact, if the Vatican/Pope goes one step further and admits there is no evidence for God, I will be close to seeing eye to eye with them...well, with the exception of them turning a blind eye to child molesting clergy.

I guess it would be too much to ask that they also admit that Jesus was most likely a myth and that there is absolutely no contemporary evidence for his historical existence. Nah, maybe in a few hundred years. Not just yet.

But getting back to the Jews killing Jesus. I think that is the message the bible writers at the time wanted to get out. If I'm correct and the bible was written during a time where the early Christians and sun worshipers were looking to merge maybe 200-300ish AD, it wasn't a good idea to piss off the Romans and make them the culprits in Fairy Tale Jesus' death.

The Jews, the ones who wouldn't convert to Christianity were the best damn scapegoat going.

So basically, the Pope is now reinterpreting the New Testament because he is a progressive.

I think the end result of this is a good thing. But it doesn't take away from all those quotes in the NT blaming the Jews collectively, and not just a few decision making Jews.